What Does a Healthy Relationship Look Like?
Healthy relationships involve honesty, trust, respect and open communication between partners and they take effort and compromise from both people. There is no imbalance of power. Partners respect each other’s independence, can make their own decisions without fear of retribution or retaliation, and share decisions. If or when a relationship ends, there is no stalking or refusal to let the other partner go.
- Respect for privacy and space. You don’t have to be with your partner 24/7.
- Your partner encourages you to spend time with friends without them, and to participate in activities that you enjoy.
- You feel comfortable expressing your opinions and concerns to your partner.
- Your http://besthookupwebsites.org/local-hookup/moncton/ feel physically safe and your partner doesn’t force you to have sex or to do things that make you feel uncomfortable.
- Your partner respects your wishes and feelings and you can compromise and negotiate when there are disagreements or conflicts.
- Boundaries: You and your partner are able to find ways to meet each other’s’ needs in ways that you both feel comfortable with.
- Communication: You and your partner can share your feelings, even when you don’t agree, in a way that makes the other person feel safe, heard, and not judged.